Saturday, June 26, 2010

Update from Colville

I have good news and bad news... the good news is that the package arrived at Republic half an hour after the van left yesterday, and it is in the capable hands of Michelle. She will deliver it to me when the two Woman Tour groups meet up in Idaho in a couple of days. Yay!

The bad news is I had an asthma problem yesterday evening. I was outside in the heat (after swimming, before dinner) and could not breathe right.... I came into the air conditioning, took an inhaler, and recovered quickly. But I stayed indoors the rest of the day (with the exception of dinner and route meeting).

After our 81 mile day today we are staying at Bear Paw Camp, which has been described as similar to girl scout camp; when we get there we are given sheets and a towel, and we have to choose a bunk and claim it. No air conditioning to hide in this time! Hopefully it will not be as hot and I will be able to breathe. I have a contingency plan (to sleeping in the bunk, not to breathing) and will propose it to the leaders this morning. There is no internet capability at the camp, so there will not be a post tonight. I'll update when we get to Sandpoint, Idaho tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Michigonians said...

Thanks for sharing your ride. The pics are great, reminding me of our back yard and Mt. Hood. Hope your breathing situation is ok and you can continue on with your ride without problems. Keep going...rooting for your success. Hugs to you.