Sunday, April 8, 2012

Springtime in Michigan

We had some very warm weather in March, causing everything to bloom early. Last week it hailed on the daffodils... always something.

April means opening day at Tiger Stadium, and that means the Blimp is in town! They tie off at the Grosse Ile Airport, and when we hear it come over our heads, we sometimes go to the airport to watch it land. This time it was giving rides to GoodYear VIPS so it took off and landed several times.
My son in law brought the kids over to see it.



On Good Friday we colored eggs and made cookies. It has become a tradition to do those things here with Grandma. Fortunately Vicki and Alison stayed around to help!


This year we painted the cookies.






On Easter Sunday we went to church and then had Mexican Brunch here. Did you ever try to get 3 little kids to sit still for a photo? Impossible! After the brunch the little ones went outside to hunt for eggs. A good time was had by all.








Dianne and I are planning to ride our bikes from New Orleans to St. Louis in May. Bill and I plan to take the kids on a bike trip in Ohio in June, and Dianne and I are planning a great adventure in July (New York and New Hampshire). August is for sailing. Bill is going on a motorcycle trip in September and I am riding my bike in Nevada with Dianne. My 2012 dance card is filling up fast!

No comments: