Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015. In Sunny Florida.

This morning I swam while Dianne played tennis. Living here would be like being on a permanent vacation! The pool was empty when I got there at 8 AM, the air temperature 72 and the water temperature 82. By the time I finished an hour later there were 2 walkers in the pool, still no other swimmers.

 
I walked over to the tennis courts to wait for Dianne, and one of the other players thanked her for showing up, and she agreed that the temperature was going up! Sigh. We went home and played a few games of Scrabble while waiting for Jan to pick us up to go to the beach. She drove us to Honeymoon Island State Park, where we walked about 3 miles on the beautiful white sand beach. By then it was about 77 degrees, and there were a few families on the beach, but it was not crowded at all.



We had lunch at the Beach Pavilion, sitting on the outdoor balcony in the shade. Dianne and Jan had lobster rolls and I had (what else?) a grouper sandwich and iced tea. I bought post cards for the grandkids, and then we headed home.


Now laundry and dishwasher are going, supper is in the crockpot, and we are back at McDonald's so I can post this blog. I think we're about done for the day. (OK, we'll probably play some more Scrabble...)

No comments: