Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 1. 2018. At Palm Harbor, FL

Tuesday February 27 Dianne, Kathie and I rode to Tampa for lunch at Whiskey Joe's (41 miles round trip). We keep making "traditions" while we're here--we have to go to the same places; soon we're going to run out of days to do it all!

The reason we go to Whiskey Joe's is that it gives us a chance to ride the Courtney Campbell Causeway, a 10-mile long bridge across Tampa Bay.

As we were waiting for the light to cross the street to get on the causeway Kathie noticed a woman with a Monroe Michigan bike shirt. I started a conversation with Denise and her husband Dennis...


Denise and Dennis are from Riverview, MI, very close to where I live. They live in South Carolina now, but spend their winters in Florida. It was fun talking to them--it's such a small world! I rode ahead with them, taking a photo of Kathie and Dianne coming up to the top of the bridge.



We arrived at Whiskey Joe's and had a great lunch out on the beach. I had to walk inside the restaurant to get iced tea--it is a limited menu on the beach. My tradition here is to eat fish tacos!


Dianne was fighting a cold the whole day Tuesday, so she took the day off Wednesday February 28 to recover. Kathie and I rode to Clearwater to have lunch at Nauti-Nancy's, another tradition. We both had the shrimp and grits, as usual.


After our 28 mile ride Kathie packed her bike to go home and Dianne and I played Scrabble. Of course I come here to ride my bike, play Scrabble and eat! Now Dianne has taken Kathie to the airport to go back to Rhode Island. I get to stay another week and a half.

No comments: