Monday, May 14, 2018

May 12, 2018. Home to Kingston, ON.

My sister Rana and I decided last year to take a trip to Quebec to walk where our ancient ancestors walked.  We picked May as a good month to go, and I started making lodging arrangements while she gathered the family information into a usable file.

We left Saturday morning May 12. Of course I chose the wrong line at Canadian Customs. The other line moved forward at the rate of 3 cars to one in our lane. When we finally got near the head of the line they opened 2 more gates. The agent we talked to was pleasant, and did not hold us up for any undue amount of time. Not sure why we were stuck in that line for an hour.


We thought leaving on a weekend would make the drive past Toronto a little easier. Ha! It took hours to get past the city. There was a fair amount of construction and an incredible amount of traffic. We finally arrived in Kingston around 6 PM. I emailed my friend Noreen who had planned to meet us for dinner, but she was sick; Rana and I went out to the Copper Penny for a great dinner and called it a night.

No comments: