Saturday, July 26, 2008

The start of a new adventure



Here we are at Menomonie, Wisconsin, ready to start our weeklong trip down the rivers. We drove from home to LaCrosse, WI yesterday, a trip of 12 hours! Chicago was terrible, as usual, took hours to get through it. We plan to take a different route home next week.

This morning we drove up from LaCrosse, unloaded the kayaks, tents and other gear, and then Bill got back in the truck for the 2 hour trip back to LaCrosse, to park the truck and get on a bus back here... Fred and Otis and I are wandering around town. Here at the library, then drug store and lunch, then we'll go back to set up camp at the park where we left kayaks and gear.

I think this will be a great time! Imagine 125 people paddling down the rivers (ending in the Mississippi) as if we have not a care in the world.... I can live like this! I'll post whenever I get a chance... we'll be at campgrounds, so not a lot of internet access.

No comments: