Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The last day and home

After the 2 mile swim on Saturday morning I washed off the salt, ate some lunch hung out on the beach for a while.... finally caught the resident hummingbird on film! Then we went for a final bike ride. I took some photos of the colorful homes along the bike route.














After the bike ride we took our bikes apart and packed them up for shipping, had cocktail hour and watched our final sunset... photo at dusk shows the resort manager Will, his wife Katja and their 3 boys.
We went to dinner then bed with a 4:30 wake up call. In the morning we all schlepped over to the airport for an 8 AM flight. After a 2 1/2 hour flight to Miami I spent the rest of the day in the Miami airport--next direct flight to Detroit was at 8 PM! I had a chance to get on a standby flight to Chicago and then stand by from Chicago to Detroit but that did not make sense... and it was a good thing I didn't try it--the Chicago to Detroit flight was "changed" according to the board at Detroit when I got there, and had not arrived.















Bill picked me up at the door, and it was very cold--just a couple of degrees! Now it's back to real life--catching up on laundry and mail, getting groceries, reconnecting with kids and grandkids. Life is good! I will post the rest of my photos on a photo sharing site and put a link here tomorrow.

No comments: