Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 20, Pinedale layover day, continued








After my earlier blog at the library I walked back to camp to get my swimsuit, and met up with Judy, Joe, Brian and Mike, and we went to the local brewery for lunch (no bike trip is complete without eating photos, right?).
I swam at the local pool, and what a nice place! I found out, though, that breathing difficulties do not occur only while biking... I could not swim at my usual pace without wheezing, had to slow down and swim easier strokes. After the swim, which really loosened up my sore leg, I walked to the pharmacy and got my prescription filled. I was supposed to meet the van there for a ride back, but it was not there on time--it had taken people up the mountain to hike. So I walked back to camp, where Dianne and I played Scrabble until our picnic supper was ready--hamburgers, deli salads, watermelon, corn on the cob, and lemonade and cheesecake! What a feast... we continued playing Scrabble until it was too dark, I was fortunate enough to receive another leg massage and we all retired to our tents by the time the bugs came looking for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAY!
You look happy as always! Do not take any chances!!
How much were those saddles hahahahhahahhaha
enjoy my friend! enjoy!!
L