Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20. Pinedale layover day

We were meant to sleep in this morning, but the oil workers near us had different ideas. Beginning at about 5 AM we were subjected to warming up trucks, honking horns, barking dogs and people yelling at each other until they left around 6:30. We were all pretty much done sleeping by then.

We walked to breakfast and I called my doctor afterwards. If I don't get some relief from this sore knee I will not be able to finish the ride.... Doc is going to call in a prescription for me at the local pharmacy. It is great having a doctor who understands the things that I do! (remind me to pay his bill when I get home). Now I am at the library. I found out that there is a local pool, so I plan to do some lap swimming after this.... Some of the riders in our group are going mountain biking today, and others are hiking, but I learned the hard way last year that rest days are meant for resting!

No comments: