Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 12. Drive to Parkersburg, WV: 324 miles


I did not drive to Parkersburg--Bill did all the driving while Dianne and I read newspapers and played Scrabble in the truck.

We went to bed Friday night hoping that we could be ready to leave by noon Saturday, and we pulled out of the driveway shortly after 10 AM after packing everything and closing the house. So far the only thing I can think of that was left behind is the cord to connect the camera to this computer. That is a sad thing too--I will have to wait until we get home to post my photos! The cord that is in the bag with the computer is a very similar one, but close doesn't count this time.

We had a nice ride down, no traffic to speak of... arrived in Parkersburg, got a room and headed to the bookstore. Bill is going to spend some time waiting for us on this trip and I wanted him to have some new books to keep him entertained... After dinner Dianne and I played Scrabble until 10 PM. I think I am still tired from yesterday.

No comments: