Monday, April 26, 2010

April 23, 2010




This was a taper day.... My plan was to swim short and easy in the pool, which I did. This lovely pool was dead empty when I arrived and I swam 1000 yards easy, 4 sets of 500, each set being 400 freestyle and 100 breast stroke.... after the swim I relaxed in the hot tub for 10 minutes then watched Dianne play tennis.

We ran some errands, played some Scrabble and made dinner for Bill's cousin and his family. Cousin Richard, wife Rachel, and son Ethan enjoyed the spaghetti dinner and then Ethan and I played around on our bikes--notice his little bike with no pedals--what a great idea! He is really fast and sure on it too!  They stayed and visited a while and a great time was had by all.

1 comment:

The Michigonians said...

Hi Linda: thanks for the update on your training. Makes me feel sluggish with lack of exercise, although we did go on a 5 mile hike on the beach in Ocean Park, WA while on my quilting retreat. Let me know when you are getting closer to your trip to Eugene. Perhaps we can meet up for lunch before you head south.