Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Florida 2011. Tuesday February 8.

This was a chilly day, by Florida standards. (Yes, I know it was 12 degrees in Detroit this afternoon). It was in the mid 50s and very windy when we went out for a bike ride. We had planned on riding to Clearwater Beach today, but since it was cool and windy we just rode to Tarpon Springs on the Pinellas Trail bike path, came back through Dunedin and home, a total of 28 miles.  While in Tarpon Springs we rode past the bayou to see if the manatees were in, but they were not. They usually come in on the cooler days if the water in the gulf is too cold for them.  No manatees, but we saw a couple of dolphins on the way out of town. Very cool.

So it was just the bike ride and many games of Scrabble for us today. That's what I came here for, isn't it?

Yesterday Dianne went to the gym and I went swimming with her sister Jan. It felt great to be back in the pool. We may do the same tomorrow, and then ride to Clearwater.  It is supposed to be sunny and in the low 70s. That is perfect biking weather as far as I'm concerned. The nice thing is that we don't have to plan--we can just take off on the bikes whenever we feel like it. This is what retirement is supposed to be like after all. I think I plan too much when I am home.... I'll have to work on that.

No comments: