Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31, 2011. Island Lake of Novi Triathlon

Bill and I got up at 4:15 AM, picked up my cousin Kat at 6, and arrived at Island Lake in plenty of time to unload bikes and kayak, set up our transition area, and warm up for the swim before our wave start. It's always comforting to me to see Bill out in the water--of course he can't see me, since I started the swim with about 40 other women all wearing the same red swim caps... but I can see him, and that's what counts.

We swam 1/2 mile, biked 12 miles, and ran 3.2 miles. My running is getting a bit better, now that I am doing it more frequently. (duh). I finished first in our age group, with Kat 8 minutes behind me in second place. The third place woman in our age group was way behind Kat--more than 20 minutes!


Of course we only do this because we were pre-title 9, when women's sports did not count.

No comments: