Thursday, March 7, 2013

Palm Harbor, FL. February 27-28, 2013

We made it through the day Tuesday without getting on the bikes....  we played an awful lot of Scrabble... our old record was 13 games in one day. By the end of the day we stopped at 16 games. Quite enough!

Wednesday Dianne had tennis at 8 AM and then the gym, so I rode with her to the clubhouse and swam 2000 yards--it was quite pleasant to swim outdooors, no chlorine fumes to breathe, bright sunshine on my back... after my swim I changed into running clothes and left my swim stuff in Dianne's car. I ran a couple of miles, planning my route to end up back at Dianne's house. If I am ever to get back into triathlon I need to get used to doing more than one sport in a day!

Thursday morning we finished planning the Nebraska trip and were on the bikes and out the door at 9 AM. We headed toward Clearwater, where our first stop was at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium (home of Winter, the dolphin with the prosthetic tail). I plan to bring the grandkids here next month, and wanted to check it out.


We then headed over the bridges to Clearwater Beach and beyond, ending up at Crabby Bill's at Indian Rocks Beach for lunch. My grouper sandwich was delicious. We stopped at Belleair Shore to see the beach, taking our time getting back to Clearwater.




We stopped at Pier 60 and the adjoining park to get a closer look at the sand sculpture we saw this morning. It was quite impressive; it's called "Jack the Giant Slayer".



We got on the Pinellas Trail in Clearwater and rode it all the way home (we rode on the streets this morning). When we got to Dianne's, my bike computer said 48.5 miles. Of course we got back on the bikes and rode a mile and a half around the neighborhood! We are still talking about what a perfect day it was to be out on the bikes. Life is good!

No comments: