Saturday, February 22, 2014

Feb. 19, 2014. Shakedown bike cruise

Dianne went to play tennis this morning and I put my bike together. (I prefer to do that task alone and was too tired to do it last night).


When she got home we got on the bikes for a shakedown cruise. I had not ridden since last fall, and then not a lot due to illness and injury.  We rode to the Pinellas Trail, where we saw this sign along the trail; I am so happy to be here.

.
We rode the trail to Dunedin for my favorite Florida lunch--a grilled grouper sandwich from the Sea Shack, a small walk up (or bike up) diner.While there we saw Dianne's friend Pam who was kind enough to take our photo. Notice the palm trees behind us. Did I mention how happy I am to be here?



After our ride (19 miles) I smacked a dark chocolate orange on the counter and we had salmon salads, dark chocolate and wine for dinner. And played Scrabble. Life is good.

No comments: