Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 21, 2014. Prep Day for PALM.

Bill, Tom and I had planned to leave in the morning for Holland, MI, the starting point for this years Pedal Across Lower Michigan bike tour (PALM). But my classmates were planning to get together for lunch so we delayed our departure. I sat with my classmates and Bill and Tom sat at a separate table, but we all had lunch at Big Bear, my favorite restaurant.


Here we are Linda and Rose in front; Jan. Barb, Anita and me in back. A good time was had by all.  By the time we were back in the truck we realized that we had left Bill's sandals and the bike chain lube at home so we went back and got them. Always something...


 
We arrived at Holland in plenty of time to set up our tents, register, and attend the meeting. This year's route starts at Holland and has overnight stops at Wayland, Greenville, St. Johns, Flushing and Kingston, and ends at Lexington. Since Tom has a sore knee and Bill has not trained very much, they are each going to ride half days and move the truck forward each day.

No comments: