Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014. Rest day at Cleveland

After breakfast Bill left for home. I was sure glad to spend some time with him after being gone 2 weeks already. These extended tours are getting harder for me to do; I just feel like I miss too much when I'm gone so long.


Dianne and I walked to lunch at a corner bar where the food was really good. I guess the reason there are so many good restaurants nearby is that Progressive Field (the baseball stadium) is within a block of this hotel. We met the women who will be riding around Lake Erie with us. I don't know all the names yet, but below are Cindy from TX, who is going to SAG for us, Barb, from NY, our sous chef whom we met on the Meandering Mississippi tour a couple of years ago, Kathie, from NY and Cheryl, who lives near here and has ridden some of the roads we'll be on tomorrow.


Others in the group are Jenny from FL, Alayne from NY, Pat, from MI whom we met on the Northern Tier in 2010, Stella, also from MI and Carolyn from NY, whom we met on email through our friend Kathie from RI.


There are a set of sisters on this tour, and a set of sisters-in-law. Many of us have done other bike tours but there are several for whom this is their first tour. Below are Sarah, our chef, and Lorna and Dianne who just finished the Lake Ontario tour. Lorna will be driving SAG every third day again, and we'll be happy to see her smiling face out there!
 



There are 26 of us all together, a larger group than the last one. I'm sure we'll all get to know each other within the next couple of days. I think we're all ready to be on our way!

No comments: