Monday, July 21, 2014

July 20, 2014. Webster, NY to Cleveland, OH

No, we did not ride the 258 miles from Rochester to Cleveland on our bikes! I drove my car and Dianne was navigator. We did not make any wrong turns this time!  We arrived at the hotel in Cleveland by 12:30, a bit late for our planned meeting with Bill at noon, but close enough.


The rooms were ready so we all checked in, Dianne in her room with the bikes and dirty laundry, Bill and I in our room across the hall. I got the better deal! Dianne and I had already agreed to go our separate ways while Bill was here, but we decided that we'd have our meals together since they involved walking many blocks in a strange city.

We had lunch at the Winking Lizard, then Bill and I left Dianne with the dirty laundry. We met up later for dinner and walked to Flannery's Irish Pub. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal!



 
 
After we walked back from dinner Bill and I went to the spa and pool. This was the first time I swam on this trip and it felt great! While soaking in the spa we met a couple who were here to watch their son get an award at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was interesting talking to them about biking, drumming, and life in general.
 

No comments: