Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015. Spring Training.

My niece Martha and Dianne's niece Malarie signed up to ride the PALM (Pedal Across Lower Michigan) ride this June. Martha lives only about 15 miles from me, so we are going to ride together when we can. The weather prediction for today was 70 degrees, so we thought it would be a perfect day to start.

When I left my house (on my bike) at about 11:45 it was a balmy 47 degrees. I sure was hoping for the prediction to come true, but dressed for the current weather. I had to get off my bike 3 times on the way to Lake Erie Metropark, due to mudholes and construction equipment. There were 2 AT&T trucks parked on the bike path along Jefferson Ave. pumping out a manhole. Then when I got to Gibraltar I had to walk past this mess.


I knew that North Gibraltar Rd. was closed for repaving, but I did not consider the impact on the adjacent bike path. Oh well, it's still better than riding on Jefferson Ave. with all the trucks.

I met Martha at 12:30 and we rode through the park for 10 miles, deciding that this park is way too small for training! Next time we're going to meet where there are more riding options. We had a good ride, but were somewhat disappointed in the weather. It finally crept up above 50 degrees, nowhere near that teaser prediction of 70!


The upside of the cooler weather is that we nearly had the park to ourselves! Here we are: documentation of our spring training! You go Martha!

No comments: