Monday, July 6, 2015

July 2, 2015.

Thursdays we ride Hines Drive to get some hill training. We all met at 9 AM on Michigan Ave in Dearborn to start our ride. I was concerned with time since we had tickets to a special exhibit at the Detroit Institute of Arts at 3 PM. Should have been plenty of time...

We left a little late, rode more slowly than usual, and had to wait for a table at Rebecca's. Fortunately this was the day that my cousin Kat decided to join us! (I've texted her every time we've done this ride). Here she is between Dianne and me, with Martha, Dennis and Diana across the table from us.


By the time we got our food we thought we might not make it back in time to go with Alison to the museum, so when Kat offered to take us back to the truck we accepted. Why does it always seem so much further in a 4-wheeled vehicle than it does on a bike?


We all enjoyed the Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo exhibit. The last time the DIA had a special exhibit of their work was 1986. I drove my children there to see it when they had a snow day from school and we spent the day there. Above the kids are petting the burro, the only exhibit children are encouraged to touch.


When we left the museum we went to Mexican Town in southwest Detroit for dinner. Stopped for ice cream on the way home. I'm not sure if we could have packed any more into this day.

No comments: