Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 20, 2018. Quebec City to Auburn, NY.

We had another wonderful breakfast this morning, prepared by our gracious hosts Denis and Joscelyne. We have really enjoyed staying here!


We left Quebec City about 9 AM, heading southwest toward Montreal. The traffic was not nearly as bad on a Sunday as it was last Wednesday! We detoured around and made one stop for Rana to do an errand. When we got through the mess that was Montreal Rana told me that our next turn was at Hill Island.


When I heard Hill Island I said "that's where the tower is that I wanted to go to last fall". And I knew we were going to stop there. We had lunch in Ontario, and headed toward 1,000 Islands.


I went up the elevator to the glassed in level, and then climbed the stairs to the upper 2 open air levels. The view was terrific in all directions.





After the tower we crossed another span of the International Bridge and we were in New York State. The customs agent asked why we crossed there when it should be shorter to drive through Ontario to Detroit. He understood when I told him I did not want to drive through Toronto.

Now we are in Auburn,NY and will head home tomorrow.


No comments: