Saturday, August 18, 2018

August 18, 2018. In Colorado.

Today was the annual Peach Festival in Lafayette, CO. There is quite a big peach harvest here, and the peaches are great--we've been eating them all week! Germaine and I made plans to meet at the Peach Festival at 9 AM, so I left here on the bike at 8:20. It's 7 miles on a dirt trail, so I gave myself plenty of time to get there.



It was packed at the Peach Festival, which was supposed to start at 9 AM. I think they started early! Germaine left her phone at home, so she called Kathy from Ty's phone and got my number and we finally connected. We walked through the booths, buying nothing. There was peach soap, peach lotion, peach cobbler, peach pie, and countless other peach products, as well as a local artists selling their wares. We ate peach cobbler a la mode and then Germaine and I got on our bikes, leaving Ty there to meet his brother and sister in law.



Germaine and I went back to Kathy's on the same trail I took to Lafayette. It's a very nice trail, only one substantial hill.




We were pleased to get there before Eileen and Patti Ellen left. We got photos on the deck--here are Eileen and Germaine.


From left: Germaine, R, Kathy, Patti Ellen and Eileen.


R with Alabama friends Roman and Brenda.


It started raining about then, so Germaine decided to go with Kathy to take their sisters to the airport. I cleaned up and read my book, thinking we were done riding for the day.  But by the time they got home the rain had stopped so we got back on the bikes!


I've been looking for a photo opportunity with sunflowers and mountains and we found it today--the above photo was taken by Germaine. We rode a combination of road and paved trail to get to South Boulder, where Germaine and Ty live. We went to lunch first, then rode through their neighborhood for a short tour. After saying goodbye to Germaine and Ty I rode back to Kathy's for a total of 31 miles for the day.


I plan to ride in the morning and then clean Kathy's bike--it was freshly cleaned and tuned when I got here--now it is covered in trail dust, but I sure had a good time getting it dirty!

No comments: