Tuesday, February 12, 2019

In Sunny Florida

I arrived here a week ago... we've been so busy that I have not posted until now. I left my old Trek bike here last year, so I retrieved it from Dianne's guest room closet and we went for a ride... I could not get the bike to shift between chain rings, so after our ride we stopped at Dianne's favorite bike shop and Bruce took a look at it. Unfortunately it was not just a faulty cable. The front derailleur is broken beyond repair.


Bruce ordered a new derailleur and middle chain ring (mine is toast) and set aside a new chain for the bike. Since the parts were going to take a week to arrive I had him leave the chain in the middle chain ring and rode the bike home--it's not as if I'll be riding in the mountains after all! I will bring the bike back to him when the parts have arrived.


Friday morning Dianne plays tennis, so I went to the pool. As usual I had it to myself. My knee twinged when I tried to do breast stroke (my favorite) so I quit that and swam the rest of my workout freestyle. 

When I woke up Saturday morning my knee would barely hold my weight! I iced it and then did a loop around the neighborhood on my bike to see if it would be OK. We had plans to meet some friends to ride the Withalacoochie trail; fortunately my knee withstood the biking and we went ahead with our plans. Here are Stan and Barbara, whom I have not seen since this time last year.


Fred and Tom are from Michigan, and they are down here for the month. It's always fun to meet with them to ride. We all met at Brooksville and rode the new Good Neighbor trail to the Withalacoochie trail--30 miles total, all on trail. What a great day! Dianne and me, below.



After our ride we ate lunch at the Coney Island in Brooksville where we had parked the cars. I went home and iced my knee after that.

Sunday Dianne and I went for a ride, about 25 miles. We rode the Pinellas Trail to Tarpon Springs and then got on the Keystone Trail and the East Lake Trail. I saw this gator along the East Lake Trail.


We took the day off yesterday; normally Dianne would play tennis and I would swim on Monday but she had to take her car in, and I had to give my sore knee a day of rest. This morning (Tuesday) we  got back on the bikes and rode the same ride as Sunday. Here is Dianne on the Pinellas Trail.




No comments: