Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Home at last. August 31, 2023

We had breakfast at Noe's Nest and packed up our stuff. I had a flight out at 2:30  PM, and Dianne and Julie have a red-eye flight to Tampa at 10 PM. Sheila was okay with us leaving our luggage in the lobby, but we had to vacate the rooms.  

I made sure to get my shirt from the ostrich. I was looking for hangers earlier in the week and Dianne said "I don't have any coat hangers, but I have an ostrich" and so she did. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are photos and interesting things all over this house! I asked Sheila who dusted all this stuff, and she said her housekeeper took care of it.



We played a couple of games of Scrabble in the parlor and I said my goodbyes and walked to the train station. I got to SFO in plenty of time to have a light lunch and board the plane for DTW. My plane landed at 10 PM, just about the time that Julie and Dianne were taking off on theirs. 

I am glad to be home.


No comments: