Tuesday, September 12, 2023

San Francisco. August 29, 2023

This was the day we were supposed to tour the Tesla plant, but we decided to take a day off instead. WE walked half a mile uphill to get to a credit union ATM, and it was out of service; I found a bank to make my withdrawal and we walked all the way back (at least it was downhill). Sheila, the proprietor of the inn, took us in her car to a place called Twin Peaks. It is the highest point in San Francisco and the views were wonderful! I am very glad not to have a car here--Sheila navigated the steep narrow streets fine, but it would be tough for us flatlanders to drive here!


Dianne and I walked about a mile to meet my cousin Brian for lunch. He lives here in San Francisco but did not come to our family reunion this year. We met at a restaurant (Souvla) that Damon recommended. It was great! We spent a long time catching up on things, and sent a happy birthday message to my cousin Mary Beth, Brian's sister. The three of us went for a long walk around the neighborhood, and Brian walked us back to our B and B. 




We walked over to Damon's house for dinner tonight. It is very nice to eat home cooked meals after so many days on the road. After dinner Julie and I walked back to the inn, leaving Dianne with her family.


No comments: