Saturday, November 11, 2023

October 7, 2023

This is the day we leave Ovid. I took some photos in the rain--we were all very pleased that it did not rain until we were done our Finger Lakes adventure! The first photo is the Driftwood Bed and Breakfast, on the same property as the cabins.


Below is the Bell House, where Fred and Doris, Tom and Jim stayed.


Above is the building that contains the Highview, which takes up the entire top floor of the building. This is where Diana, Dianne, Bill and I stayed.

Diana left in her car, Bill, Fred, Doris, Tom and Jim left in the van pulling the trailer, and Dianne and I got in my car and headed to Ithaca. It poured rain all day, but Erika, Bryan and I went to the giant book sale at Ithaca Library. They had told me about it, and it just happened that we were there on the day it opened.  We stood in the rain for 2 hours to get into the sale, and walked out with tote bags full of books. If I ever go to this sale again, I think I won't go on the first day--especially if it's pouring rain!

Erika and Bryan made us omelets for lunch, and we left for Lake George; it poured rain the entire way there.

No comments: