Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Training


We had a wonderful vacation in the Galapagos Islands last week. Miles and miles of hiking and snorkeling did not hurt my injured knee, and that really is good news. The bad news is that there is a medial meniscus tear in my right knee. I will have to have it scoped and repaired after the coast to coast ride. I am surely not looking forward to that! However, it could be worse... at this point it should not prevent me from going!


Very good news: In the midst of another 7 inch snowfall, The Husband and I went to Jack's Bicycle and Fitness in Dearborn to pick up my newly overhauled bike, and it is like riding a new bike! Daughter Alison brought her new bike with her to Easter brunch and we were able to ride together, first time in ages... It was a little chilly at 35 degrees F, but the roads were clear of snow. (We had a "white Easter").
I am still hoping we will have some springlike weather soon. I REALLY do not want to put my bike back on the trainer! This week's training consists of 2 short rides, 2 rest days, and 2 long rides 0f >60 miles back to back. I can do this.

No comments: