Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Photo album (finally)

Here is a link to the photo album I created. http://picasaweb.google.com/linda.f.tilley/CrossCountryBikeTrip
Although most of the photos are the ones I took on the trip, I must also give credit to Laura and Rich and Don, some of whose photos are included in my album. If you click "slideshow" at the top of the front page, you will be able to see my album in order.

The rollercoaster ride that began in May when I started this trip has not yet ended! I have only ridden my bike a couple of times since I've been home. I have 4,895 miles so far in 2008, so you know I'll be riding at least another 105 miles no matter what! I won't miss the chance for my first 5,000 mile year!

Since I've been home I have cut the grass, pulled weeds, cleaned house, done the laundry, spent one day with grandson Toby and made plans for him to be here for a week in August, including an overnight bike ride. I spent a day and a night with grandson Adam, and will have him again next week for a day. I have had mammography--all ok after they did films, called me in for more films, and then called me back for ultrasound... evil family history makes me very careful! I had stomach biopsies and colonoscopy yesterday with a minor complication. Will have results in a week or so. I expect the all clear, of course. More evil family history there... But in the meantime I've been ordered to stay off the bike and take no long car trips for a week (?).

It is very nice to be home with my family! I am still dreaming bikes, but I now know where I am when I wake up in the middle of the night. I am working on a scrapbook of the trip, for me and for those who would rather look at the trip on paper than bother with clicking through various blog and photo album presentations on a computer. This really is the biggest thing I have ever done, and I want to memorialize it while it is still fresh in my mind. I even added everyone's name to the large group photos... now when I'm old I'll still know who everyone is. (OK, I'm already old).

Life is so good that it brings tears to my eyes. (I am such a sap). I plan to keep up the blog, and will post my upcoming week-long kayak trip right here. Pedal on!

1 comment:

marj said...

Hi linda I've already started a folder of printouts of blogs and photos, as much information as possible.I thought it would be good to look back on and for grandchildren....Georges other half Marj