Saturday, November 15, 2008

This is Why I Retired

I retired to be able to play--it's as simple as that... so far I think I have done pretty well. In my first year of retirement I went to the Galapagos Islands, rode my bike across the country, paddled my kayak down the Mississippi River, rode my bike on rail trails from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. I don't think I can top that in '09, but I am setting up play dates already.

So far I am planning to ride my bike in Florida in March, ride in WV in May, half iron triathlon here in June (if I can run well enough to train for it), and I have to decide like RIGHT NOW if I am going to go to swim camp in January... I've been waiting for BRCA1 results to decide on the camp, but I can't wait much longer!

I signed up to compete in a local swim meet next weekend.

I've been afraid to start running, but am still biking. Knee still hurts every day, but I am not taking any NSAIDs at this time, so at least I know when it hurts! It is not terrible and I am not limping. Life is good!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Congrats on your first year of retirement! What a great way to spent retirement.
I hope you are able to continue for many years to come.