Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Final Fling in Florida

Monday morning we were scheduled to go out on the pontoon boat at 10:00 and had planned to go to the gym (Dianne) and run (me) before that, but got up feeling so NOT like doing those things! So we didn't. We ate breakfast and played Scrabble until it was time to go. Photo at left shows tennis champ Dianne with the score of the third and final set of her match on Sunday.

We got down to the boat and went out on Lake Tarpon for a cruise and lunch. The cruise was great fun. This place (Highland Lakes) really has it all. Tennis, 3 Golf courses, various card and Scrabble clubs, pool league, bocci courts, 25 meter lap pool, 2 clubhouses and a boat, crafts building, a library... and I must be forgetting half a dozen other things. No wonder everyone here looks so happy! Photos show me and Dianne at the restaurant's boat dock and Otis and Dianne eating lunch. After lunch we cruised the rest of the lake and Bud (one of the boat captains) took wonderful photos of an osprey catching a fish out of the water. (He has not sent them to me yet).

After the boat cruise was over, we went home and played Scrabble until it was time to go to dinner. Charlie and Otis and Dianne and I went, missing Kat and Jay who were late getting back from Michigan. We had a wonderful dinner, but the desserts were over the top. I could not even come close to finishing my carrot cake! It was enough to feed a family! After dinner, which took 2 hours, Dianne and I went home and played our final rounds of Scrabble. I don't have the final tally, but after approximately 50 games we are less than 100 points apart, and even on games won/lost. I am going to have to find someone to play with around here!

Tuesday morning I went for a final bike ride with Kat. We took the Pinellas Trail to Tarpon Springs and back, giving me 25 miles on the bike. Unfortunately I injured my leg on the trip. When I got back to Dianne's I had the choice of doing as planned, that is, taking my bike apart and packing it up for shipping and getting the rest of my stuff together or going to Urgent Care for my leg. I could not do both and still catch my plane home. So I followed the plan and packed up and caught my plane. I washed out the wound and put antibiotic cream on it and dressed it. It was a strange ending to a wonderful trip.

No comments: