Saturday, March 28, 2009

Making Progress

I went to the doc yesterday and she numbed my leg and used a scalpel to remove all the blackened dead skin from my wound. It looks better now, but looks deeper too... I think there is light at the end of the tunnel... I was given the OK to walk and run, and swim (if they'll let me in the pool). So I went out with the club this AM and ran about 3 1/2 miles. I still have not signed up for any mulitsport events this summer, waiting to see how far I can comfortably run. Not too worried about the bike and swim part, although if I am out much longer I may be demoted a lane!

I unpacked and put my road bike together! (finally). We are supposed to have rain mixed with snow tomorrow so I guess I will not be riding it just yet.

Starting a part time temporary job this week... seems like a good way to preserve assets until the market recovers. Not that I am going to work until it recovers--I told them up front that I had trips planned in June, July, August, and September! They said "we'll take whatever time you can give us". Imagine that!

No comments: