Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Slow progress

This is a photo of Lonesome George, the last of his particular species of Giant Tortoise. I took this photo a year ago today at the Darwin Research Center in the Galapagos Islands. I am showing you George's photo because yesterday I felt so very very slow on my fat tire bike. I struggled to loop the island (18 miles) but I made it... I guess that's what counts. How can I lose so much in just one week?

I am trying to rest and keep my leg elevated as much as possible, which enabled me to finish the scrapbook from the Galapagos trip. Now if I was injured for a couple of months (perish the thought!) I would be able to catch up on all the rest of the photo sorting and organizing that remains to be done. It is going to be 70 degrees here today. Maybe I can get in a short ride before my massage at 1 PM...

No comments: