Friday, February 26, 2010

Curacao, Feb. 26, 2010



We started this morning with about a 1000 yard ocean swim, then to breakfast. What a way to live! Photos show Hemingway's beach front bar, just a stone's throw from my balcony, shown just above (with the picnic table). The roof you see far to the right from the balcony is the Hemingway's roof.
Group shot of us after the open water swim this AM: Irene, Andy, Tracy (with baby on board), me, Judy, Scott, and Kate. Walt and Will swam too, but Will had to go to work (tough job running a resort hotel) and Walt took this photo.
After swimming we ate from the outdoor breakfast buffet, with our feathered friend keeping a close eye on us all. Today we are going to put our bikes together and go to the grocery store and to lunch in Willemstaad. I am really excited about riding my bike! I love living in Michigan and experiencing 4 distinct seasons every year, but remind me next time I buy a new bike NOT to buy it in December!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear
We have over 12 inches of snow. Roads are two track. Snow plow broken. Computer busted. Fixed broken garage door. To quiet.
Bill

Simon said...

Wish we were there with you already. Hopefully we'll see you Sunday afternoon. Enjoy.