Sunday, February 28, 2010

Curacao. Feb. 28, 2010

I finally got to ride my bike yesterday and it was hot hot hot. I did not realize that my bike computer had a temperature sensor on it. It was 97 degrees when we started riding at noon, 99 before we were done. I was struggling on the hills and against the wind, but the bike felt great! Very smooth ride.

It took me an hour and a half of down time in my room to recover from the bike ride. Then I went down to the beach and visited with others from the swim group, read my book, took a dip in the ocean but skipped the evening open water swim. Gotta know when to quit.

This AM several of us chose to swim in the pool, even though the coaches are not here yet--supposed to arrive today. It's been a different camp with no coaches! But Irene coached me in the pool today and we worked on my freestyle stroke, trying to get more of a glide. I'm not yet used to the 50 meter pool---more than twice as long as the 25 yard pool we usually swim in.



Yesterday evening we had pizza on the pool deck and I went to my room early in that ever elusive search for sleep.

No comments: