Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Springtime in Michigan

We had the traditional Easter egg hunt in the back yard on Easter Sunday, after our non-traditional meal of enchiladas, guacamole, and chocolate cake balls... who says you have to eat ham?

The grandkids had a great time--the boys each had their own kind of eggs to find (Toby's were camoglage and Adam's were brightly colored), and only one was burglarized by a critter before it was found. I learned the hard way to count while hiding, since I usually forget where they are and at least we now know when they can stop looking!

I wonder how we'll diffentiate the eggs for Delia? She'll have her own to find by next year.


Alison and I went for a short bike ride afterward, and it felt great! Of course I feel every bump on the old bike now that I rode the new one.... After they left I rode another 18 miles at a fast pace. My training is way behind my plan!

I finally have resolution on the bike. My homeowners insurance paid for a replacement bike, which I ordered yesterday. There was not one in stock that suited me exactly. No sense settling for less than perfect after all this time and trouble... It's going to take about a month to get here, so I am going to pack up my old bike and send it to Florida tomorrow. I'll ride it with Dianne next week and I'll ride it for the triathlon. I'm disappointed to not have my new bike, but what is is. In a perfect world my new bike would not have been damaged and I would be sending it out for its first race. Sigh.

On the bright side, my swimming is improving remarkably! I am achieving better times than ever before, and each time trial is better than the previous one... now for the running and biking. Sigh.

No comments: