Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 14, 2017. Palm Harbor, FL

I flew down here on Monday, a couple of days earlier than planned due to a great price on my flight. When I landed Dianne and Julie were playing Mah jongg with a club, so I took a shuttle from the airport. My bike was already here but I did not unpack it because I can't ride it anyway.

I went for a swim in the afternoon--it felt great to be outdoors!

This morning we all set out for a walk, but split up soon enough--I split off from Dianne and Julie to go for a run, and then Dianne walked to the gym. Julie continued her loop and we met up in time to walk together for my cooldown. And I needed to cool down! It was in the low 70s and quite humid.

We showered and went to lunch--at the Sandbar of course! Julie had read about "my favorite Florida lunch" in previous blogs and wanted to check it out. We all had blackened grouper sandwiches, fries and iced tea (and key lime pie!). Again, it feels great to be outdoors!



When we returned home we played some scrabble and had salads and wine for supper. It's always a pleasure to eat fresh produce when I'm here; the salad was superb--the tomatoes were even red. You can't get a red tomato in Michigan in February.

No comments: