Thursday, May 14, 2020

Biking in the Pandemic

We are biking when weather permits, but it's a different time...

On May 1 we had a 46 mile ride to Monroe where Bill met us to bring lunch--the restaurants are closed in Michigan.



We've been riding a couple of times a week, weather permitting... it's been a cold rainy spring. This Tuesday Tom and I rode to Detroit to see the Blue Angels flyover. After we saw them fly over twice we continued on the urban Dequindre Cut Trail and then backtracked to ride around Belle Isle State Park where we saw a bald eagle overhead. The Detroit River is clear and cold, and the tulips re beautiful at the downtown parks.







Delia and I jumped the gun and planted flowers in pots last week. Then we had a cold spell--down in the 20s at night, so Bill and I carried all the pots into the garage, except for the ones on the back of the bike, which I covered up. They're promising that the cold weather is done.... I sure hope so!



No comments: